Re: [piecepack] Re: Games with adult themes

> What would we like to "rate"? Age appropriateness? Funness? Ease of
> learning? Depth of strategy? Sex? Violence? Language? Religion? Politics?
> Science? Opinions? Facts? Theories? Philosophy?
>
> Do we want to trust the authors to rate their own games, or elect an
> approved rating board, or have some kind of electronic polling that
> mathematically calculates multiple votes?
>
> Personally, I believe being offended is a personal choice of where you draw
> your own line in the sand. You're welcome to show me where your line is,
> but you're not allowed to draw my line for me.

The wiki is a great place to do this type of community labeling of games. See
<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/TaxonomyOfPiecepackGames> and
<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/GameMechanics> for the current break down. I
have added a ThemeAdultCategory. We can add any categories or mechanics that
we want. As the community adds info, the resource gets more and more useful.

Contact me via email or Instant messenger if you would like to help out, but
would like a little wiki primer prior to starting.. all of my info is
available at <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/JonathanDietrich>