Marking Tiles

I do not have a Mesomorph set of piecepack; I made my own set by
making tiles from matte board and covering them with clear plastic
tape. Anyway, in games I have made or adapted for piecepack it has
been necessary to indicate special spaces on the game board. I have
indicated these spaces either by placing a coin on them or by the
configuration of the tiles. Yet, it strikes me that it would be
simpler and better to be able to mark on the tiles in some manner with
a temporary mark. I could mark my set with a grease pen, but not an
erasable marker. Would the Mesomorph set be markable in some manner?
It seems ideal if erasable markers could be used on the piecepack
tiles as then different colors of temporary marks could be used.

Just a consideration -- markable tiles and a few dry erase markers may
be a desireable addition to the piecepack set.

Craig