Re: Cardinal's Guards Question

Jorge,

I'm glad to see your having a good time playing Cardinal's Guards, I
played this game quite a bit myself during the Piecepack contest and
still enjoy it today.  For me the game is a constant challenge to
keep making points, and just when I think I'm stuck, a little more
thought usually gets me past the problem.  Searching all the chambers
is not too difficult with practice but a score above 50 is tough.  I
sometimes try option 1.  This makes it harder to remove placed castle
guards which tends to clog up musketeer movement within the castle.

I think the short answer to your question is NO, but I would really
like you to illustrate more specifically the move/s involved in your
question.  That will allow me to better understand your question,
answer it more fully, and alter the game instructions to eliminate
the ambiguous language if needed.

The reason I suggest NO is that I think you may be trying to engage
(attack/defeat) a perimeter guard incorrectly.  Perimeter guards may
only be engaged when the physical movement of one of your musketeers
(moved as a "run-away rook") is prevented from leaving the board
(stopped) by a perimeter guard.  That guard, and only that guard, may
then be engaged.

Perimeter guards may not be engaged just because your musketeer is
setting on a perimeter square.  They also may not be engaged when
using the subterranean tunnel network which results in your musketeer
moving to one of the corner (perimeter) squares.

Please let me know if, and where, the rules could be modified to
clear up any misinterpretation.  My brother Mike and I always
struggle to create clear and concise rules but it usually takes a
player like yourself, someone not involved in the game's design, to
find rule ambiguities.

-Stephen

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Jorge Arroyo Gonzalez <trozo@...>