Re: [piecepack] MG Design Contest winner

On 8/9/06, Dave Boyle <dboyle@...> wrote:
The winner:  Piecepack Letterbox, by Ron Hale-Evans

W00t! Worth the wait! Thanks, Dave! Thanks also to my game design
group EGGS and my regular game night Seattle Cosmic for playtesting,
and my beautiful and talented wife Marty for editing.

While we had several games which were very good, Letterbox had the best
combination of game play, solid design, and logical and necessary
integration of a piecepack expansion (the whole point of the contest,
remember).

Some of the other designers showed me their games privately, and yes,
there was some stiff competition. I'm looking forward to seeing all 17
up on the Big Board at Piecepack.org.

I'm only going to pass along feedback privately, and only if you actually
want it.  So if you are an author of one of the entries and you are
interested, let me know and I'll send it to you some time after GenCon.

Dave, if you have any other feedback beyond what you've given, I would
like it after you return from GenCon.

For the part of the prize that's a fabulous Mesomorph product, I
select the game system Tapestry, by the Brothers Schoessow. I plan to
write about it in my next book.

http://www.mesomorph.com/Products/Tapestry.html

Cheers!

   Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
Mind Performance Hacks book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mindperfhks/
	   Center for Ludic Synergy: http://www.ludism.org/
(revilous life proving aye the death of ronaldses when winpower wine has
		   bucked the kick on poor won man)