Games Book(let)

Right, so, I would like to put together a small book to go with
piecepacks that I am making for craft fairs.  I am thinking of going
through Lulu (www.lulu.com) for the printing, because then the book
could be easily available to everyone.

But, I need;

Suggestions for good games that use only the basic piecepack equipment
- no pawn saucers or pyramids, etc.  There are so many games, and I've
played so very few of them . . . and someway to contact the authors
because I also need;

Permission to re-write the rules, to provide consistency throughout
the book in terms of format and style, and to sell the book containing
their game.  Everyone will be credited accordingly, of course, and I
plan to add notes like "Winner of Such and Such Contest".

Thanks.