Re: [piecepack] Re: ANNOUNCING THE 7th PIECEPACK GAME DESIGN COMPETITION: Good Portsmanship

On 9/7/06, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@...> wrote:
It would be nice to hear what some other people think, as well.

I independently came to all of the same conclusions as Mike.  A
contest should inspire people to create; complicated regulations
encourage procrastination and giving up before anything is started.
That is why I didn't like the anonymity requirements; I only brought
up the photography of standard sets because that was the issue that
would ensure that I didn't submit the game conversion that I had
already planned.

My non-competing game requires hidden money.  I can tell people to
write down money on paper, or to buy several piecepack sets for the
coins, but what they really need are some pennies and nickels.  (Much
better than poker chips or Monopoly money in this case.)

This contest isn't about synergy between games and there should be a
challenge in making the conversion.  On the other hand, neither asking
people to use 10 sets of piecepack instead of commonly available items
nor compromising the quality of games due to lack of bits really
helps.

Michael