Re: [piecepack] Re: JCD Piecepack Update from Blue Panther

The pictures and prices on the site look good.  Comparison of the two
woods would be nice and a picture of an entire set would be useful for
promotional purposes.  I see that there was mention on
boardgamenews.com, so that should let a lot of people know about the
sets.

How deep is the laser scoring on regular and travel sets?  Are they
suitable for blind draw from a bag?  (This really only needs to be
true for the discs unless grain is obvious on the tiles.)  Currently I
have one beautiful set that is suitable for blind draws and has slick
surfaces for certain dexterity games but there is an obvious grain.
Having everything perfect in one set would be great, but I would get
at least one large set to complement what I have.

If everything were available now, I would probably get a large oak set
in normal symbols and a normal symbols travel set, then try them out
to decide in which size to get the other two symbols.

*** Discussion leaves reality at this point ***

If the tiles of the travel set can be put four onto a tile of the
normal-sized set, then there is the potential to design an entirely
new type of piecepack game.

What about piecepack dominoes?

Michael