Re: [piecepack] Custom Stacks

On 2/22/07, Steve Jones wrote:
I have been made aware of the fact that some folks have been
discussing "custom stacks" - that is 6 tiles, 6 tokens, 1 die and 1
pawn with your own or custom artwork.

When I made my own set, I ended up with black moons, red hearts, yellow
stars, and blue notes (eighth), just because that's what I had on hand.
I now have most of a green leaf suit, as well.  I contemplated a set of
animal suits at one point (dolphin, butterfly, frog, and I forget what
else), but never got around to doing anything about it.

I would like to find out how interested folks are in this idea -
because it is something that's certainly within the realm of
possibility for Blue Panther LLC.

So here's a few possibilities to get the discussion going.

1) Custom stacks with your initials on them instead of the artwork
our current piecepacks have.   The numbers would remain in the same
place and the pawns and tokens would be in the same style as we
currently provide, but they would also have your initials instead of
the current artwork.  The dice would have your initials in place of
the "1" and have numbers on every other side.

Interesting, but not nearly enticing enough for me.

2) Custom stacks with your custom artwork on them as above.  In this
case, you would either have to own the copyright or have permission
to use the copyrighted artwork for a custom stack, or have created
the artwork yourself.

Could turn out to be very cool, but I don't have anything in particular
that I would desire to order.  I wouldn't be surprised if some entrants
would grant you permission to use their custom artwork as future stock
choices.

3) Custom stacks with "stock artwork" from a limited set of choices
that Blue Panther already owns the copyright or has the license to
use the copyrighted work.

A fleur-de-lis would probably be good for stock artwork, particularly as
an option to replace the anchor in set 1.  Given the (sketchy) existence
of an Icepack suit of stars, and its prevalence in certain card games,
that would probably be a good second suit, and I certainly believe that
you could do a good star in the style of the other JCD suits.  Feel free
to take my note and animal ideas, as well.

- Eric