Re: [piecepack] Re: A new game: DungeonBuilders

Hi. Thanks for trying the game out. I'll try to clarify your questions. Also
note that I'm still playtesting it, so changes are still possible, in fact,
I'm open to ideas and suggestions...

Here are the answers:

On 2/23/07, sipig <sperry@...> wrote:

> 1. I am assuming that a tile can never have more than 2 coins on it,
> whether they be monsters or items.

I forgot to include it on the rules. I'm still not sure and have played
witha maximum of 1 and 2. The last I tried was with 1 and it seems to work
well with 2 players, but maybe with 4 players it's better with a limit of 2

2. If bidding to enter the dungeon, do all losing bidders also have to
> pay gold (as is stated when bidding to stay out of the dungeon)?

No. Losing bidders don't have to pay. When bidding to stay out, there is one
loser and the others win, so they all pay :)

This "auction" stage is meant to solve ties in power. I'm open to other
methods to solve ties... I thought about a bid using power instead of gold
to when bidding for entering. But that doesn't work when bidding to stay
out...

I also played it so that no one could enter until there was one adventurer
with more power than all the rest, but this way the person that finishes the
dungeon never gets to enter it, and it's more about luck...

3. Does "zero" count as a valid bid?

Yes, but only once unless someone cannot bid high enough.

4. What happens if a player does not have sufficient gold to make a
> different bid from the other players?

If he cannot bid high enough, he'll lose (bid 0). Multiple losers can be a
problem when bidding to stay out of the dungeon. Then the one with most
power enters. In case of a tie, the last one in turn order enters.

> 5. Does a monster have to be fought repeatedly until it is defeated?

No. Once you fight once it's dead. You just either come out of if unharmed,
lose power/health points or die...

> 6. When rolling a die in combat, is the usual null = 0, ace = 1 scheme
> used?

Yes.

7. Can coins be placed on the dungeon entrance or only on tiles that
> are suit-side up?

Not on the entrance.