Re: Travel piecepacks

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, steve@... wrote:

> To keep everything in scale, the coins would have to be aout .375
inches and
> the dice would also shrink down a bit, pawns would also be
smaller.  I would
> be most concerned about coin size though - just the ability to
manipulate
> coins would be hard for some...
>
> Steve Jones
> Blue Panther LLC

I agree that it would be a problem if the coins and dice got too
small. However I believe that there's no imperitve to maintain the
same dimension ratio between all components for a scaled down
piecepack. For example, in a piecepack with 1" x 1" tiles the coins
could be a maximum diameter of .25" (more optimally 7/32) while the
dice could be the same size as in a standard piecepack to save
production costs, although slightly smaller would also be OK.

If a half-size piecepack were introduced it would be interesting to
have a design contest. The rules could state that one or more small
size piecepacks must be used in conjunction with one or more full
sized piecepacks, or that a small piecepack must be combined with
some other game system components that uniquely work together
dimensionally.

-Mike