In Defense of Solo Salvo

So, It has been some time for me here. But more on that in a seperate
post.

I guess on the outset I should be glad that Solo Salvo is still being
talked about. To me this means that some interest in the game does
exist.

I must admit I have been lurking around this board earlier this week,
and I saw the discussion on "fixing" my game. I figured that I had
nothing to add.

I am home currently, on break from college. (I have classes June and
July and then I graduate on July 30 with a Marketing Degree.) Earlier
tonight, the family was discussing what to do on Friday. I suggested
that we give ABC's National Bingo Night a try. After Explaining the
game to my Parents, we decided to print out cards and give it a shot.

I noticed in the rules, that NBN is a "seeded" instant win game. I
took this instantly to mean that the game's outcome is automatically
congfigured before game start. Reading the rules further, proves in
near plain english, that this is in fact the case.  -- Luck over
Skill.

I'm sure that ABC's show has 'legs' for a while. People have already
claimed prizes. Due to the fact that Bingo, on a fixed card is nearly
the same mechanic as Solo Salvo and that people have watched and
redeemed prizes, Solo Salvo does have an audience. Perhaps this
audience is way more casual than our piecepack community would like.

I welcome the updates to Solo Salvo. The added perspective and
complexity might be what is needed for those who play more games than
I do. However, I still believe that the game as is (original) is
entertaining to a select group.

-Waffle