Re: [piecepack] Re: Piecepack Suppliers & Mesomorph Games?

chrisdorrelluk wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I've had a look at the Blue Panther sets and they look very smart. I
> may go for their JCD Set 1.
>
> I notice that they haven't stuck exactly to the piecepack standard for
> suits etc.
>
> Moon = black, sun = red, crown = green, anchor = blue
>
> rather than:-
>
> Moon = black, sun = red, crown = yellow or green, arms = blue
>
> and that they have the suit symbol in all four corners rather than just
> in the top left corner as per the spec. There does appears to be an
> additional mark against the top left symbol to differentiate it however.
>
> So presumably these subtle differences won't mess up playing any of the
> games designed for piecepacks?
>
> Cheers
> Chris

They use the JCD design (http://www.piecepack.org/JCD.html) which was
designed to be colour neutral.  If you look closely at the corner you
will see there's a bracket underlining the top-left symbol.  This will
not affect game play at all.  I add my own endorsement for the Blue
Panther sets.  I have all the sets in plastic and am very pleased.

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@...   |   http://superdupergames.org