Re: [piecepack] Wife-friendly 2-player game suggestions

Thanks Jorge.

They are printed out and in my bag.

I'll have to skip
out of Alien City, because it's too complicated for her and I have WAY too
much to carry already.

--- piecepack@yahoogroups.com wrote:
Hi

  The Colonists of Natick is a fine choice, and I was going to suggest

Froggy Bottom, as it's one of the piecepack games my girlfriend likes the

> most. Hanging Gardens seems to be well regarded, although I myself didn't

> really get it (played a couple of times). Four Blind Mice (an adaptation
of
> Riccochet Robot) might fit the bill. Let me also suggest one of my games

> which is light and doesn't take too much time: Maze Makers (use the variant

> with no pentominos which I think plays better too).
>
>   And if you
want to try a game that is being playtested, and for which I'm
> open to
suggestions, then there's Dungeon Buiders, and I'll appreciate any
> feedback
you might give :D

>   BTW, If you're open to adding Icehouse Pyramids,
Alien City is a great 2
> player game which I'm starting to enjoy a lot lately
(you can try it out at
> superdupergames.org)
>
>   Enjoy,
>
> -Jorge

> On 6/19/07, Iain Cheyne <Iain.407138@...> wrote:
> >

> Hello all
> >
> > I am taking my piecepack on holiday tomorrow and I need
some wife-
> > friendly games to try. Wife-friendly means not too abstract
or
> > confrontational - something like Lost Cities. Games using a maximum

> > of one piecepack plus a deck of cards would be ideal - as I am
> > carrying
a lot of luggage.

> > So far, I am taking:
> >
> > * Wormholes
>
> * The Colonists Of Natick (I have high hopes for this one in
> > particular)

> > * The In Crowd
> >
> > Powerlines and Froggy Bottom were OK, but didn't
set her alight. She
> > quite likes Evade.
> >
> > Incidentally, I am surprised
there are so few games of recognised