Re: [piecepack] Re: Rule Liecenses

The 6 current Creative Commons licenses are here:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

All of them require attribution.  Preventing commercial use is always
an option.  There are three approaches to derivative works: not
allowed, allowed and allowed but must have the same license.

The non-commercial license seems to prevent including rules with game
pieces.  I interpret this license as preventing people from playing a
gambling game for money.

A collection of works does not constitute a derivative work.
Translations would, as would variant games.  Thus you can't use a
standard CC license to allow translations provided that they have
identical gameplay.

You can grant additional rights beyond a given license, but the CC
license legal text will not be available to you for this purpose.

The licenses don't tell you what your rights are due to your
jurisdiction.  Whether you can parody something that didn't allow
derivative works could potentially depend on whether you made a
personal copy of (or even read) the original work.

As for Stonehenge, I own it but have not played it.  I read the rules
in the box and some online sets.  Some of the rules in the box seem to
be poor games, others look interesting.  I liked the rules I read on
the web better than a couple games in the box.  Does anyone have a
feeling for this game system?

None of the rules that I've seen actually show the components.

Michael