coin thickness

Hi all,

  I was thinking of maybe making coins out of the same wood as the tiles,
this would make them the same thickness (about 3mm). Does anyone know of
games that need a specific ratio of coin to tile thickness? I'm thinking
that if coins are the same as the tiles, a tile can be placed over 4 coins
to the same height as over another tile, and also, a tile can be placed over
2 coins and half a tile, which might be a nice feature for future games
too...

  Else, I'll try to get wood that is about half as thick, which was my
original plan...

  Any thoughts?

-Jorge