Re: [piecepack] Re: Sample tiles

Hi

  Yes. It is alder (don't know if it's red alder), and it's quite expensive
(about 5? for a 60,5 cm x 10,1 cm plank). The place I bought the laser from
only sells 2 kinds of wood, this and another one that's more expensive, both
from the States. I bought a small number from this one to try. The problem
is that at 10,1cm wide, I can't fit two rows of tiles, so I have to use two
for a whole set (coins and pawns included). I'm thinking that I may use this
wood for smaller sets only, or by request...

  Today I bought some plywood, which is a lot cheaper and I can get it cut
to any size. I've adapted the design and tomorrow I'll be making some sample
sets. These will probably be the ones I sell. I'd like to get some local
solid wood, but it seems to be difficult if not impossible at a thickness of
less than 18mm, which is too much for my laser to cut... although I may get
it pre-cut to make bigger boards...

  I'll post pictures...

-Jorge