Re: Blue Panther Plastic sets

Hello: The Blue Panther plastic piecepack sets have a white core with a color layer on either side. The backs are all the same color (sky blue) and the fronts are not visible when the backs are turned face up. These parts are laser engraved and we trace a very slightly larger line first to burn off the color layer around the edge of the piece, then cut the pieces with a second pass. This has the effect of leaving the tops with a thin white "edge" all around the fronts. The edges are smooth, but the plastic can also be sanded with fine (220 grit or higher) sandpaper if you want to further refine the edges.
Steve Jones
Blue Panther skysensor writes:
New member looking to purchase a commercial set. I'm interested in the Blue Panther plastic sets, but can someone confirm that the colors are NOT discernable when the pieces are face down? In other words, no visible color edge, or even, say, reflections in the gloss of the playing surface varnish, etc? Thanks. Mark