Re: [piecepack] Re: Wooden Piecepack Pyramids

The only problem I see with producing and selling piecepack pyramids is with
Looney Labs, as they seem to have a patent on the icehouse pyramids. Andy
Looney wrote about the patents in their site:
http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Andy/Games/PatentsAndLawsuits.html and had
this to say about the piecepack pyramids:

Ron's questions stopped there, but I'll go ahead and answer the one he
> didn't ask. The Piecepack community, which seems to consider us evil for
> choosing to obtain patents, is now talking about making their own gaming
> pyramids, which they're calling "Piecepack Pyramids." From what I can tell,
> they would look and stack much like Icehouse pieces but would come in either
> 4 or 6 sizes (I'm not sure if they've made their minds up yet which) and
> would have Piecepack symbols somehow printed on two faces of each pyramid.
> Piecepack Pyramids are all supposed to be the same color.
>
> Would such pyramids infringe on our patent? It's debatable. Would we sue
> the Piecepack people if they produced such pyramids? Definitely not. I may
> not like their idea, but I would never use a lawsuit to stop them from doing
> it. That's just not our style.

As this was before the piecepack pyramids became available, we know he
didn't sue the non-comercial release, but what would happen if money was
involved? Hopefully it'd be such a small operation that he probably wouldn't
mind... Another question is, is the Icehouse patent really enforceable?

Cheers,

-Jorge