Re: Hexpack

Ben Finney <ben+yahoogroups@...> writes:

> I have one complaint with the Hexpack images: the margin seems too
> narrow, resulting in a rather small suit graphic in the corners,
> much like one of the older versions of the (square) JCD standard
> piecepack.
>
> This was solved in later standard JCD Piecepack graphics simply by
> increasing the width of the hex margin and hence the size of the
> suit graphic.

That should read “This was solved in later standard JCD Piecepack
graphics simply by increasing the width of the tile margin …” since
the standard JDC Piecepack images are square, not hexagonal.

> I'd love for the Hexpack images to do the same, to allow for less
> squinting :-)

This would need to be done by deriving from the existing images.
Unfortunately I don't see a copyright license on the Hexpack images
(nor even the JCD Piecepack images from which some Hexpack images are
derived), so it's not clear how to do so legally.

--
 &#92;        “I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any |
  `&#92;       view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and |