Re: Hexpack

steve@... writes:

> The Hexpack standard, like Piecepack, is public domain.

Where can I find that declaration for Hexpack? I couldn't see it in
the downloadable file archives from the hexpack.org site.

> Mr Dietrich has been very kind to grant us a license to use the JCD
> graphic set

To whom is this license granted? Is it granted to the general public?
Do you have a URL to the license text from JCD to the general public
so we can see what is actually granted, and under what terms?

> so we can move the graphics and change the size slightly to address
> the issues.

It's not clear that "license to use" allows modifications like this
under most copyright jurisdictions, which is one reason why I'd like
to be clear on what license exactly has been granted to us by the
copyright holder.

> The proprietors of hexpack.org have also been helpful in this regard.

I'm glad (truly!) that you've been able to work with these copyright
holders and produce sich fine goods. My questions (that I don't
necessarily expect you to answer on behalf of the copyright holders)
relates to what license is granted to the general public, not just to
specific parties.

> Time to get back to that graphics program and make some edits.

I'd love to, once I know what edits I'm allowed to make beyond the
default of "all rights reserved" copyright.

--
 \     “When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. |
  `\    Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole |