Re: [piecepack] Re: Hexpack

I am the JCD of the JCD piecepack graphics.

Blue Panther and I have an agreement which allows them to produce JCD
piecepack works and derivatives until approximately February 2009. The
production of a JCD themed Hexpack definitely falls under this. Note that
most of the files found on hexpack.org contain or rely on the JCDpiecepack
graphics and or font file. These images are licensed under the same license
as the hexpack concept, nor they public domain. You are NOT free to use them
as you'd like. This needs to be made clear on the hexpack.org site. I am
fine with hexpack.org using the graphics to create free downloadable
hexpacks that people can download and use, though the licensing needs to be
made clear. I am very open to discussions about commercial products making
use of my graphics, I just want to be sure to be involved.

I created the JCDpiecepack graphics because I was not happy with the
currently available options. I have made the graphics available free for
personal use. I have created a font which contains the graphical elements,
and made it available for free for people to use in the creation of rules
for the system. I have not opened up the graphics 100% into the public
domain, because if someone else is going to profit off of it, I would like
to a little too.

I want the piecepack/gaming community to grow, I just don't like the idea of
someone making a killing off of my work (or even a little) without at least
talking to me first. I can be very reasonable. To give you an example, Blue
Panther sent me a couple of copies of the piecepack product as payment for
allowing them to use the images for two years. At that point we can
reevaluate and discuss where to go from there.

--
j๏ภคtђคภ ς. ๔เєtгเςђ

Proud Member of Beaver Creek Housing Cooperative
http://beavercreek.coop

One of the Little People!
Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre http://kwlt.org