Re: [piecepack] Re: Ludism.org wikis are back up

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 5:40 AM, Ben
Finney<ben+yahoogroups@...> wrote:
> Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@...> writes:
>
>> Tables and line breaks have been fixed on the Piecepack Wiki, along
>> with some minor annoyances, improving post-migration usability.
>>
>> Come on back! I'm hoping to have a nice surprise for people soon, but
>> I dare not say too much. :)
>
> Ability to authenticate with an OpenID, instead of yet another
> site-specific identity?

Probably not going to happen, unless you want to write an OpenID
module for OddMuse. (What other wikis even use OpenID?)

Of course, you don't need to log in at all to make changes.

> Re-licensing of the works under something actually useful for free
> culture (e.g. Expat license terms, or CC-BY-SA), instead of the
> overly-restrictive and published-book oriented FDL?

CC BY-SA probably will happen, because of recent changes in the
Wikipedia community and GNU that make cross-licensing possible. See
the discussion here:

http://www.ludism.org/mentat/RonHaleEvans

The games themselves are under whatever licenses the designers choose,
of course.

> I'd love to participate, but those two are major hurdles for me.

I'd love to say we'll miss you, but until you show us what you can do,
we won't. ;)

Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/ ... (206) 201-1768
    Mind Performance Hacks book: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596101534/