Re: New piecepack game design contest

Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@...> writes:

> http://www.geekdo.com/thread/474608/want-to-get-published-design-a-piecepack-game-for

I notice the contest rules have nothing to say about the licensing of
the resulting game designs.

It's maddening to have a free design for a game set, with interesting
games that are licensed as non-free works. For the sake of getting more
free games out there, can we please have freely-licensed game designs
for Piecepack?

That means avoiding licenses with restrictions on modification or
commercial use, like FDL, or the non-free variants of CC licenses.

A good option would be CC-BY-SA-3.0. It guarantees the work remains
free, while placing no restrictions on commercial use or derived works.
I'd be very happy if the contest were clarified to say that all designs
submitted must be licensed under CC-BY-SA-3.0.

--
 &#92;      “Some forms of reality are so horrible we refuse to face them, |
  `&#92;     unless we are trapped into it by comedy. To label any subject |