Games versus pastimes (was: still playing)

"Daniel Ajoy" <da.ajoy@...> writes:

> I played it [Hanging Gardens] with my mom twice. She was disappointed
> that it is, as much a game about destroying the symmetry of other
> peoples gardens, as about making your own beautiful garden :)

Right, games tend to have opposing factions, leading to winners and
losers.

Interesting games tend to allow players to interact with each other's
state within the game, which entails that the players will at least some
of the time attempt to thwart their opponents from winning.

Perhaps a section on the Piecepack wiki could be started for Piecepack
Pastimes? Things to do with Piecepack that don't entail conflict.

--
 &#92;           “All progress has resulted from people who took unpopular |
  `&#92;                                      positions.” —Adlai Stevenson |