Re: [piecepack] some ideas about the backs of tiles

On 5/19/2011 10:10 PM, Daniel Ajoy wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 00:05:21 -0500, Curufea <curufea@...
<mailto:curufea%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

 > Now I'm thinking it could be interesting to have a modular hex
pattern on the
 > back of tiles - with the number and suit as a watermark or overlay.
That way
 > you have more variation in the kinds of boards you can create.

Do you mean "on *the front* of tiles"?

The back of tiles, should be divided in 4 squares.

Melody, the designer, does add a secondary "4-squares" pattern to the
front of tiles.

Oh how history repeats itself. "Checkered vs not" has been discussed before in this list at least 3 times (see archive) and James Kyle (the original designer) explains why he rejected that in his designer notes (see wiki). I suggested the hex lines on the front of the tiles 8-9 uears ago during the original hexpack discussion. I suggest you go back through the message archive.

Mark

--
mark@...
mark.a.biggar@...