Re: [piecepack] Re: My ideas for more tiles

I've been adapting the tiles for use by a small child, and I was thinking that the deck needs jokers. I unveil...the (red-violet) Pink Pussycat!

This makes for nine "suits", which gives you seven colors for days of a week or a rainbow, plus black and white. Being a "joker suit", it has three tiles, not six (the Tom, the Queen, and the Kitten). Sorry if this seems a bit presumptious, and I haven't figured out any games for them, but hey...it's a thought!

There are similar Expansion ideas, here:

http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SensibleExpansions

and here:

http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SixPack

This page even mentions "jokers":

Maybe add a sort of joker suit as well: multi-colored bells. Though increasing the number of suits also merits increasing the number of coins/tiles per suit, to 12 in this case. Maybe 13, with the bells.

Far too cumbersome a set to use all at once, though.

Daniel