Re: My ideas for more tiles

teleny:
> >> I've been adapting the tiles for use by a small child, and I was thinking that the deck needs jokers. I unveil...the (red-violet) Pink Pussycat!
> >>
> >> This makes for nine "suits", which gives you seven colors for days of a week or a rainbow, plus black and white. Being a "joker suit", it has three tiles, not six (the Tom, the Queen, and the Kitten). Sorry if this seems a bit presumptious, and I haven't figured out any games for them, but hey...it's a thought!

sshum2003:  Welcome.  Four is the standard number of suits for the piecepack.  But it is in the public domain. There are additional expansion sets with different suits like the playing cards/BP's Set 2, seasonal/BP's set 3, IPG Expansion, IPG Extra (1 suit, star), elements and zodiac.  And the recent War & Piecepack by Blue Panther.
(IPG= IcePack Games, BP= Blue Panther)<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/ComparisonOfEditions#Heading7>
<http://www.bluepantherllc.com/BP4_NewPiecepack.htm>

Jokers don't have a "suit".  Some deck of cards have a "trump" suit which seems more to what your going for.