Using Anchor (instead of Fleur-de-lis) as a Piecepack suit (was: Introducing myself; Piecepack designs)

Bill Browne
<williamgeorgebrowne@...> writes:

> I can't quite remember, but I think I thought the Anchor would be more
> versatile because it could represent ships, the ocean, iron, etc., whereas
> the fleur-de-lis could represent weapons and aristocracy (and the latter is
> already represented by crowns)

Yes, I agree with this. The Anchor is (in addition to compatibility with
the Empire deck) a symbol with IMO broader connotations than the
fleur-de-lis.

I hadn't realised but you're right that the Crown overlaps somewhat with
the Fleur-de-lis, since the latter is heavily associated with French
monarchy. It's good that (AFAIK) the Anchor doesn't have this kind of
symbology overlap with any other Piecepack symbols.

I'd be in favour of making the Anchor an official replacement for that
suit.

--
 &#92;       “For of those to whom much is given, much is required.” —John |
  `&#92;                                                        F. Kennedy |