Re: [piecepack] Using Anchor (instead of Fleur-de-lis) as a Piecepack suit (was: Introducing myself; Piecepack designs)

On Sat, 25 May 2013 04:18:00 -0500, Ben Finney <ben+yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Yes, I agree with this. The Anchor is (in addition to compatibility with
the Empire deck) a symbol with IMO broader connotations than the
fleur-de-lis.

I suppose another reason why it was chosen for the JCD Piecepack is that the Crown symbol can be drawn hollow while the Anchor symbol can be drawn full, to match the other suites: the Sun symbol can be drawn hollow, while the Moon symbol can be drawn full.

JCD Piecepack is a two-tones-only piecepack designed to be used for laser cutting. AFAIK.

My PiecePack derivative design has this property too:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1639074/piecepack

As I mentioned before I chose those symbols because they come in the Dingbats font, and can represent a variety of things, too:

yellow cross: summer, hot, religion, priest, nobility, ruler, king, target

blue snow flake: winter, cold, water, electricity, technology, spells, crystals

green arrow: archer, aggression, wind/fall, shovel, speed, leader, pointer

red flower: spring, damsel, life, softness, vegetable, food, nature.

Daniel