Re: Using Anchor (instead of Fleur-de-lis) as a Piecepack suit (was:

> And even though it is true that both the fleur-de-lis and the crown
represent Nobility, someone made a distinction between the > two:

> http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SensibleExpansions<http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SensibleExpansions>

That's true, and I did think about whether the Anchor would cause problems
when I created a nine suit piecepack. I decided instead of rule by
nobility/rule by right/rule by might (Arms/Crowns/Swords), Anchors could
represent rule by mercantile power.

> I believe (and I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here) that was
> meant, at least to some extent, to be "A Modest Proposal on the Topic
> of Sensible Expansions to Piecepack".

Really? That's very interesting. I thought the 16 suit piecepack was a bit
of a strain, but I found the author's ability to identify patterns in the
existing piecepack and extrapolate them very impressive (even though the
patterns were, I suspect, accidental rather than deliberate).

> My PiecePack derivative design has this property too:
>
> http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1639074/piecepack<http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1639074/piecepack>

That's a nice piecepack! Have you posted the source files anywhere?

*Bill
*