Re: [piecepack] Using Anchor (instead of Fleur-de-lis) as a Piecepack suit (was: Introducing myself; Piecepack designs)

On 5/25/13, Daniel Ajoy <da.ajoy@...> wrote:
> And even though it is true that both the fleur-de-lis and the crown
> represent Nobility, someone made a distinction between the two:
>
> http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SensibleExpansions

I believe (and I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here) that was
meant, at least to some extent, to be "A Modest Proposal on the Topic
of Sensible Expansions to Piecepack".

I think I do recall seeing that exact question on a Mensa test, though:
1 2 ?
4 3 ?
? ? ?
What five numbers should be used to fill in the missing spaces. Note:
there is only one "correct" answer.

Just goes to show, humans are very, very good at finding patterns in
things whether or not they exist.

Personally, I got around the issue by making a few piecepacks some
with fleur-de-lis, some with anchors and even some green and yellow
crowns. I even made one with seasons, although apparently according to
the aforementioned wiki page, I used the wrong colors. I can easily
fit four piecepacks into an 8 1/2" x 11" x 2" stationary box, so its
not too much of a burden as far as I'm concerned, especially since
mine are clear acrylic coated foam core and so are quite light.

The hard part for me is convincing my various gaming friends to
actually try out any of the games. Perhaps its time for another round
of attempts.