Moderator, taking my lumps

My Yahoo mail is less-traveled by me, as of late, and while I would have said I'd been dutiful in watching for the capitalized [MODERATE] flag, I missed the conversation some months ago, about the if and how and who of adding new members.  Thanks, JDR, for your support.  If my opinion on the if/how/who carries weight, here are my druthers:

If, new members?  The more the merrier, but we have gotten awful quiet, so 'merry', perhaps not the right word.

How, new members?  Apply through Yahoo, and I'll see the flag.  Maybe not the same day, but I'll see it.  JDR, could be your call to let folk join freely, but that led to some disturbing things in the files and links sections, so I locked it down.  Now, I grep the net a bit when someone applies, let in the humans, and usually set their posting to moderated for a while, eventually setting unmoderated when they fail to begin advertising watches or mail-order brides.

Who, does new memberships?  Up until now, me.  I'll welcome any changes JDR decides, or continue in my current halting, plodding, but, dutiful, fashion.