Re: [piecepack] Re: URGENT! Yahoo Groups is going away

It appears that Google groups is not as ready as Groups.io to _preserve_ a group.  Mention is made on the linked Stack Overflow page of a rights issue keeping the Personal Groupware download from being uploaded to Google Groups.

So...  One might sort of _archive_ with Personal Groupware.  (And any of us might, it seems, fetch our own copy)

But to preserve the group's function, it's Groups.io with a $110 cost per account (So if you've several groups, it might be seen as less per group).

I do expect I'll be taking the steps above, both the PG archive and the Groups.io migration.

But I'd love to hear from the list owner.  I'm just a deputy mod.  It's not about the money, it's that this all ought to be his call.