Re: [piecepack] Piecepack.org Clarification

> Hi All,
>
> I'm enjoying the discussion regarding the "killer app" issue.  I
> appreciate folks expressing their thoughts on this matter.
> But since the piecepack.org site and the original intent and
> "marketing" of the piecepack are being brought to the fore, and
> since we have several new members on the list, I wish to take a
> moment for clarification to avoid potential confusion.
> James Kyle (that's me) is the designer of the piecepack.  The
> piecepack.org site is maintained by Mesomorph Games, the first
> company to publish piecepack sets.  I am not a member of
> Mesomorph and have no financial interest in the company.
> I do believe this is probably a good forum for suggestions
> (such as Frank's) concerning content on the piecepack.org site;
> would someone from Mesomorph care to comment one way or
> the other on how/where they would like to get comments about
> the site?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Since we are both on this group, we will see any comments you make here.  If
you want to contact us directly with comments/suggestions about the
piecepack.org site, you can write to <a
href="mailto:admin@...";>admin@...</a>.  For
comments/suggestions about the piecepack set we produce, visit the <a
href="http://www.mesomorph.com/";>Mesomorph Games website</a> or send email
to <a href="mailto:sales@...";>sales@...</a>

I think it would help this discussion if we make a distinction here between
marketing and advocacy (or evangelizing, depending on your fervor).

I think anyone who is interested in the piecepack and wants it to succeed
can and should take part in advocacy for piecepack as a concept.  Building
an active online community in support of the product will go a long way
toward making it a success, and the hubs of that community will be this list
and piecepack.org.

Marketing would be selling the actual product.  That's a problem for those
of us who are manufacturing piecepacks, and not really germane to the
discussion here.  Other than the occasional announcement of major changes in
availability, we try to keep those details separate from this group.