Re: [piecepack] Directional Pawns?

A while back when this idea first surfaced, Karol and I kicked it around
quite a bit.  We decided that changing the pawns to include a direction
marker would be problematic for much the same reasons Jim mentions (not
needed for most games, potentially confusing, leaves out anyone who already
purchased one).

The solution we came up with was an optional accessory for piecepack,
something that could be added to the pawns when a directional marker was
needed.  That way they are only there when needed, and people who already
have their piecepacks aren't left out.

If you wanted to make it yourself rather cheaply, you could just get a bunch
of small rubber bands (very small) and put a mark on them.  Then slip them
over the top or bottom of the pawn and there you go.  This may not be all
that aesthetically pleasing, but it would work.

Another option would be just use miniatures for those games where direction
matters.