Hanging Gardens end condition

James,

Thanks for clarifying the LOS rules.

In doing so, you state that:
>At the end of the game, there must be no exposed supports<

OK, let's tease out the implications of this. Does it mean that:
(i) If there are exposed supports, the game continues, even if all
pieces have been played,
(ii) If there is only one unplayed piece, and one or more exposed
supports, the last piece may not be played (i.e., all the exposed
supports must be turned into terraces before the last piece can be
played),
or (iii) Some other possibility I haven't thought of
?

I'd assume (i), but thought I'd check.

I'd also like to check this rule. "When the last piece has been played
[and there are no exposed suppports] the game ends immediately." So if
your first action makes the game satisfy the condition, you don't get
your second, is that right.

I'm thinking of the case in which all pieces have been played, and
there is one exposed support. You'd like to turn it into a terrace as
your first action, and then, as your second, move your gazebo onto
that very terrace. You cannot do so, because your first action would
end the game. Is this right? No reason why it shouldn't be.

I really like tile-laying games, as do several of the people with whom
I regularly game. Knowing the end condition, and its implications, can
be crucial in several such games (e.g., Thru the Desert, Samurai,
Medina).

Andrew.