Deranged Idea [was: "Time Marches On" contest entries]

[coming out of lurk mode, for better or worse...]

First off, I think it bodes well that 5 games were whipped up in the
last few weeks in response to this contest.  I know I'm probably only
good for about 1-2 games a year, and the contest thing got me off
my butt.   Looks like others had a similar reaction.  Thus, I submit
that more contests would be a good thing.

Secondly, the prize in this contest (other than glory) is a _unique_
miniature handmade 'pack -- made by the inventor of the game
system.

Here's the deranged part:  I further submit, for your approval, that
the winner of this contest become the judge of the *next* contest,
and the mini-pack becomes the "Stanley Cup" of the piecepack
world, passed around to the various contest winners, perhaps
somehow inscribed by those who have won it over time.

Granted, I'm a little low on sleep, but somehow this strikes me
as amusing.    :)

Cheers,
  Jim Doherty
  Eight Foot Llama