piecepack modification discussion - tiles

There was a discussion a while back about suit location on tiles and
James  (I believe) had indicated that the suit was located in the
upper left corner to serve as a direction pointer.

I've thought about this some and have a suggestion based on this line
of thinking. I agree that the suit and number serves as a direction
indicator for 'up' (even for the null where 'up' can be derived based
on the location of the suit). Currently the suit is oriented so that
it 'points up' - I suggest leaving the suit in its current location
but adjusting its orientation counter clockwise by 45 degrees so that
it points 'towards' the upper left-hand corner, thus providing a much
more natural 'corner' indicator as well.

With this revision tiles can have either a directional axis based on
a square orientation or diamond orientation or both!

Good idea, Bad? Variations?