Re: [piecepack] Wow, somebody hates KidSprout Jumboree!

I am an avid reversi player (I play it on line all the time and I am usually invoved in several games). If I was to use a piecepack I probably use one piecepack and some of my painted pennies (which I carry in my backpack) as the pieces instead of the coins that came with the piecepack. It definitely takes up less room then three piecpacks in my backpack.
Tim Schutz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Karol
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 2:53 PM
  Subject: Re: [piecepack] Wow, somebody hates KidSprout Jumboree!

  To each his own. No offense taken. I do think that it's not a bad idea to
  have as many games adapted as possible. Imagine if you were a die-hard
  reversi fan but wanted to only pack one game in your travel bag - piecepack
  gives you reversi and like 32 or so other games. In all fairness a die-hard
  reversi fan would probably insist on packing the reversi set as well but you
  get the point. I admit that I am dyslexic and it sometimes is difficult to
  keep things straight when it comes to games. I like that reversi gives me an
  exercise in that type of thing. I'm not saying it's for everyone or even
  that every game that could be adapted should - Checkers for example, I
  didn't adapt that b/c it's too difficult for those that I've seen play it to
  play with piecepack since the "board" isn't checkered. They were having to
  use their fingers to line up where they wanted to move, giving their
  strategy away.

  Not all the games that are invented or adapted will appeal to everyone, I
  respect that as everyone else should.

  I do like Kidsprout & Wormholes a lot. I haven't voted for any games b/c I
  haven't played them all yet. Funny I would have thought in this line of work
  I'd be playing a lot more than I do!

  Hope everyone is getting inspired to make more games!
  Karol