RE: [piecepack] Re: [SR] Seattle Cosmic Game Night, 25 Jan 2003 ( w/ Alien City)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Hale-Evans [mailto:rwhe@...]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 9:11 PM
To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [piecepack] Re: [SR] Seattle Cosmic Game Night, 25 Jan 2003 (w/
Alien City)

I think I can predict that in the future there will be at least one or two
more piecepack games hitting the table more than once. I can't say too much
yet about the games submitted to the third piecepack game design competition
and I certainly can't mention names at this point, but having now played all
sixteen submissions at least once and many of them more than once I can say
that there are some very good games in the group, easily up to the play
quality level of respected commercial games.

-Mike Schoessow (with a lot of game play and evaluating still to go)

> Out of curiosity, how often would you say piecepack games hit
> the table?

You can see a rough list of games we played at least three times in
2002 here:

  http://www.ludism.org/scwiki/GamesWePlay
<http://www.ludism.org/scwiki/GamesWePlay>

Piecepack games hit the table about 13 times in 2002, so a little
more than once a month.

> And Alien City is obviously popular with your group - are there any
> other piecepack games that hold group's interest in the same
> way?

Strangely enough, KidSprout Jumboree. :-) We played it three times in
2002.  Alien City is ahead in total number of plays for 2002-2003
combined, however.

         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game &  Positive Revolution FAQ:
http://www.ludism.org/ <http://www.ludism.org/>