Robo Battle Pigs

Hello, piecepack fans.

I've known about the piecepack for a long time but didn't keep up with this group until a few weeks ago when I ordered a set from Mesomorph. I've read the group archive from the very first message through March of this year, and it's very interesting to see how things have evolved.

A few years ago I entered the Strategy Gaming Society's 8x8 Game Design Competition, and my entry, Robo Battle Pigs, seems like a natural to be played with a piecepack. In fact, the modular nature of the piecepack grid may make the game more interesting than when it's played on an 8x8 board. It might seem like same-old same-old following Mark Biggar's programmed movement work, but I'll let you be the judges.

What you need: pencil and paper for each player, a playing grid, and one token with a distinguishable orientation (use a coin or marked pawn). The rules can be found on my website, but if there is enough interest I will rewrite them with piecepack lingo and send it off to piecepack.org.

http://www.cox-tv.com/games/mygames/robobattlepigs.html

--Randy Cox

--
I bet you think this signature line is about you.