Re: 5th piecepack competition + more questions

Hi, Greg

> 1. What *are* the unique aspects of the piecepack?

I think the fact that there are 4 suits of 6 tiles, 6 coins, 1 pawn
and 1 die each. The fact that a coin or pawn fits n 1/4 of a tile.
The fact that the tiles can be number & suit side up or grid side
up; the fact that the coins can be suit side or number &
directional piip side up.  So the system has limitations in
number and organizartion of components from which an
incredile diversity of ideas can (and have) come.

The piecepack itself is unique - there is no other game system
like it. It probably closest resembles a pack of cards in that there
are numerous games (70+) that can be played with a 'pack.

> 2. Are there any guidelines about the size of the dice (in
relation
> to 1/4 of a tile)?

I don't know.

> 3. Where can I find information about the previous contests
and the
> winning entries (to give me an idea as to see what I'm up
against)?

Go to http://www.piecepack.org - all details of prior contests and
links to pdf rules of all past contest entries are there.

> 4. What was the design process you went through when
designing the
> piecepack concept

The designer will have to answer that - the contest is set up such
that the winner of the latest contest judges the next competition.

> PS Be nice to the newbie!

I hope that was nice enough!  I am sure that others will chip in
with ideas on what makes the 'pack unique.

Phillip