5th piecepack competition + more questions

> The design theme for the 5th piecepack game design
> competition is `SOLITARY CONFINEMENT'. All game
> submissions are to be solitaire games for the piecepack. Yup,
> it's just going to be me and those bits of wood come judgement
> day!
>
> CONTEST RULES:
>
> 1) Submitted games must be for one player only.
>
> 2) The game must utilize a piecepack and preferably should
> make use of some of the unique aspects of the piecepack.
>
> 3) Judging will be subjective and based largely on how
> enjoyable and interesting the game is. Factors such as the
> balance of skill (strategy, tactics) and luck (randomness);
clarity
> and completeness of rules; time to play; and replay value are
> also important considerations. Overall, it will be the completely
> subjective opinion of the judge that ultimately decides the
> winner.

/* Snipped where inappropriate */

Excuse me for being a newbie, but I have a few questions:

1. What *are* the unique aspects of the piecepack?

2. Are there any guidelines about the size of the dice (in relation
to 1/4 of a tile)?

3. Where can I find information about the previous contests and the
winning entries (to give me an idea as to see what I'm up against)?

4. What was the design process you went through when designing the
piecepack concept

Your help is appreciated

Lardarse Greg

PS Be nice to the newbie!