Piecepack Design FAQ Draft [WAS: 5th piecepack competition + more questions]

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "vg_reality_anchor" <VG_Reality_Anchor@y...>
wrote:

> 2. Are there any guidelines about the size of the dice (in relation
> to 1/4 of a tile)?

Currently, the size of dice is not specified.  In my own piecepack, you could fit all four
dice 2x2 within a single space (2" tiles and 1/2" dice), but offhand I would suggest
merely that the face of a die be no larger than a space.

> 4. What was the design process you went through when designing the
> piecepack concept

Below is a whack at the most common questions I have been asked about what kinds
of things I pondered while designing the piecepack.  Of course you will disagree with
some of my reasons, but part of the charm is that you can make your piecepack any
way you like!  Also, I fully expect the basic design to evolve over time, as playing
cards have.  So, the FAQ below is not intended to convince anyone one way or
another... just gives a bit of insight into the process I underwent for those that are
curious.

This is a draft (or beta, if you like) so if you have other questions, or if you find
something in error, or if I have been unclear, please email me:
jdroscha at att dot net

Cheers,
James

PIECEPACK DESIGN FAQ 0.1b
by James Kyle (jdroscha@...)

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESIGN OF THE PIECEPACK

Q: Who created the piecepack and when?