Re: [piecepack] Re: 5th piecepack competition + more questions

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Benedict
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 3:07 PM
  Subject: [piecepack] Re: 5th piecepack competition + more questions

  >I hadn't realized that about the hrs in a day - I wonder if that is
  >partly what prompted James decide to have 'Time Marches On'
  >as the theme for the 1st design contest?

  Check out message #216 (12 Feb 2002), which is the announcement on the piecepack group of the first design competition, Time Marches On. James points out piecepack bits correlations with not only the number of hours in a day, but also with the number of months in a year, the number of seasons in a year, and the quantity of numbers on a clock face.

  While on the subject of contests and bits, let me remind people of the piecepack pyramids (which anyone can download from piecepack.org and fold together nd glue themselves). These are also great components to use in piecepack game design. If anyone wants to make a nice set, I recommend using glossy photo-quality paper. Do the folding of the pieces against a straight, sharp, metal edge, and use Duco cement for glue (remembering to pre-coat the paper overlap areas a few minutes before the final glue application).

  -Mike Schoessow