Re: 5th piecepack competition + more questions

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Worden" <Brykovian@h...>
wrote:
> >>The game must utilize a piecepack and preferably should
> >>make use of some of the unique aspects of the piecepack.
>
> I've always taken that phrase to imply that the game should be
most
> easily and best played using a piecepack ...
>
> If a game could just as easily played (or, perhaps, be even better
> when played) with a handful of pennies and a few standard 6-sided
> dice, then it wouldn't really be utilitizing the piecepack to its
> fullest.  A solitaire game normally played with standard playing
> cards that gets ported to the piecepack, simply using the
piecepack
> tiles in place of cards, also wouldn't fit the bill.
>
> This, of course, is not judging how "good" the game is ... just if
it
> *needs* the piecepack to be played.
>
> That's my two cents anyway ... ;-)
> -Matt

And then if it does suit the piecepack to a "T", you wont get voted
simply because you followed the rules. Ignore what the Piecepack is
alltogether, and copy another game that is difficult and german.
Then you will win. To all Newbies, Dont follow the Rules outlined in
the Comp. It is the surest way to loose. Open your game closet close
your eyes and pick two games at random, and FORCE the piecepack to
become that game.

And if this is not what happened in the last comp. Please let me
know.