[piecepack] Please stop whining (Re: 5th piecepack competition + more questions)

I hate for this to be my first post to piecepack, but it really bothers me that this sort of complaining is starting again.

As someone who doesn't design games, but greatly enjoys using the products of those that do, I have a few words of advice for Electronicwaffle:

* Design competitions like this are, by their nature, subjective and not objective.  If you are incapable of realizing that others may judge the quality of a game in a different way than you, then you probably shouldn't be entering game design competitions.
* Re-evaluate your motivations for designing games.  Are you designing in order to win contests?  Or to get people to play your games?  I would suspect that many people will actually try and avoid playing your games given the postings you've made recently.
* Re-evaluate what it means to be a part of a community like this piecepack Yahoo group.  We should be constructive, not destructive - there's simply no room for this sort of direct attack on the competition judges.

Now I'm scared to death that this post will start another series of rambling whining and complaining, and I probably should have just kept my mouth shut...

----
Chris Brooks
http://www.chrisbrooks.org

-----Original Message from Electronicwaffle <electronicwaffle@...>-----

And then if it does suit the piecepack to a "T", you wont get voted
simply because you followed the rules. Ignore what the Piecepack is
alltogether, and copy another game that is difficult and german.
Then you will win. To all Newbies, Dont follow the Rules outlined in
the Comp. It is the surest way to loose. Open your game closet close
your eyes and pick two games at random, and FORCE the piecepack to
become that game.

And if this is not what happened in the last comp. Please let me
know.