Re: [piecepack] To change the subject; My response to the IVxVI puzzle/Game Theory

In your game design, which comes first, the math or the fun?

I usually start from a theme or a mechanic, and the mechanics rarely start from a pure mathematical principle. I usually consider mathematical ideas as another kind of design pattern. Once you learn a principle and can recognize where it is useful, you can save yourself a lot of testing by just using it the first place ;^)

--
Keep on Dreaming.	justin.love@...     ICQ 2312500
-Justin Love		http://pages.prodigy.net/justin.love/