About "Heir" and my own games.

I had a lengthy post finished and submitted. Yahoo asked me for my
Password again, and I think in between those two items my post got
lost. I will consider that a draft and summarize here.

In short, all along my main issue has been with the aspect that one
of the stipulations was incorporating the Piecepack Uniqueness. I
felt that Heir having ripped from other games, as other posts
mention, did not do this as well as my own games. Along with the
fact that two piecpacks where needed, and I feel that takes away
from the slimness of a piecepack. The Judge as well as some members
of the group are more familiar with German style games than I am. It
could be argued that money aided the other authors. Age of course
helps hold Interest in such advanced games, and exiperience also.
My age did not work to my advantage here, but it would not be
entirely fair to cry foul on this reason alone

I feel that this limited the chance my games had with a pro-german
gaming group. I felt that my games added more on the whole to
Piecepack, not simply another form of a genre that has a fair share
of Piecepack games.

I see that some have made mention that my games also rip off other
games. Each game has connections to Q-Bert or Chinese
Checkers/Halma.

However for Berlin, the pieces did not move on diagonals and where
not limited to just one move at a time (that is there is no "pause"
on each tile once the piece has been moved) nor are there Enemies
that are Non-player Characters. I think Berlin has more dimension in
movement and game play over Q-Bert. The Aspect of each tile in
piecepak having a value and suit also help Berlin seperate itself
from Q-Bert. (Yes the game could be playe with standard dice, pawns
and half a deck of cards, but I will take that as a Bonus to the
game, not a Hinderance).  I will assume the player who did not want
to continue playing was not the winner.

DBDDBS prima facie emulates Halma. Dimension is added to this game
with the concept of the King, and the use of the three different
fates also helps DBDDBS. I think DBDDBS also used Piecepack's unique
atributes flawlessly. As you recall the game is played on a 5 by 5
board with the hole in the middle. Which this game answered with
the "graveyard". In fact this was the source of my post on the
Piecepack Joker. Boards with holes are rare.. and I think have
pieces end there are rarer. Aggravation comes to mind, (yet  unlike
DBDBS, each players "home" is preassigned, and off limits to other
players) but I think there is enough space here for Agg. and DBD...
Please let me know of other games with holes in the board,

I think It would have helped both my games if the variations where
in the main game and therefore played and judged. Are such
variations left out of Comps?

In short, I think I went for quantity over quality, and an attempt
to reach more players perhaps those more familiar with the classics.
Heir was the right game at the right place. I admit that, yet I
think overall my game(s) added more to the Piecepack world.

This is my Response to Benedict's post. I admit I drugged out the
dead horse to kill again but I think we have all made attempts to
leave this topic. I feel I can now leave the topic in earnest now.

Eric