Re: [piecepack] PPWIKI MOVED!

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 05:09:12PM -0000, porter235 wrote:
> Ron has offered, and since successfully transfered the piecepack wiki
> to ludism.org...

Yes, and it's coming along quite well.  I have been transferring
piecepack-related pages from the Seattle Cosmic Wiki at a steady rate,
and a few other people are steadily adding to the new wiki as well.

Incidentally, all the user data from the old wiki is still in place,
so if you're tired of seeing your changes credited to
12-235-88-213.client.attbi.com or whatever instead of your real name,
click on the UserPreferences link in the upper right of the screen and
log back in.  Email me if you need help.

> update your bookmarks to <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki>

Yes, *please* do not use the old wiki any more.  I expect Jonathan
will take it down entirely when he has some free time.  I did notice
one or two changes after the move, typo fixes apparently, so no big
deal.

> links can now easily be made to and from other ludism.org wikis

Yes, see the InterWiki page for more details:

  http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/InterWiki

> ludism.org is MUCH more likely to stay online than the old home

I intend to keep it going a long, long time.

> for those who don't know what a wiki is... basically it is a community
> web site where EVERYONE can edit and add content. check
> <http://c2.com/cgi/wiki> for general wiki info... or
> <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/HelpForBeginners> for specifics for our
> wiki. enjoy.

Come and play, folks!  Piecepack.org is a splendid piece of work, and
Dave and Karol do a great job of maintaining it, but it's the
"official" face of the piecepack and has to maintain a certain
seriousness and respectability.  The Piecepack Wiki is much more open
to community play and experimentation.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/